Midfielder “Spartak” Nail Umyarov commented on the victory over “Zenith” in the match of the 3rd round of the group stage of the Russian Cup.
– Does today’s victory of Spartak 3:0 mean that the Zenith complex has been overcome?
“Obviously, it’s a win. Zenit is a good opponent. It’s a shame that somewhere the game did not work out. But today everything worked out.
– Fedun said that you can play with Zenit after the departure of the Brazilians
It looks like they were playing. Zenith has a quality squad. Mostovoy and Bakaev are good players. In terms of level, they are the same plus minutes.
– Spartak has a new sports director. Were you able to chat with him? What did you think of it?
— Positive and good impressions. Yesterday he was introduced to the team. He said a few words, he speaks good Russian. Let’s move forward.
– How do you understand the new strategy of Spartak?
I don’t need to know, I’m a football player. It is not my privilege to sell or buy young players.
– Then why do we need a foreign sports director?
– I’m a football player. It’s better to ask management.
The meeting was held in Moscow and ended with the score 3:0 in favor of the Moscow club.
The red-whites lead group B with 9 points. The blue-white-blues are in 3rd place with 3 points.