The pilot of “Mercedes” George Russell showed the best time on the basis of the morning session of the third day of pre-season testing “Formula 1” in Barcelona.
Russell spent 66 laps on the track – more than anyone else – and showed his time on a set of C3 tires. The second result is Max Verstappen from Red Bull, in third place is Sebastian Vettel from Aston Martin.
During the morning session, red flags appeared on the track due to hydraulic problems in the car of Fernando Alonso (Alpin) and the accident of Pierre Gasly (Alfa Tauri).
Russian Nikita Mazepin was able to drive only 9 laps and took the last, 11th place.
1. George Russell (Mercedes) – 1.19.233 (С5, 66 laps)
2. Max Verstappen (Red Bull) +0.532 (С3, 59 laps)
3. Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin) +0.591 (С4, 48 laps)
4. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari) 0.598 (С3, 44 laps)
5. Nicholas Latifi (Williams) +1.466 (С4, 5 laps)
6. Lando Norris (McLaren) +1.594 (С3, 52 laps)
7. Fernando Alonso (Alpin) +2.009 (С3, 12 laps)
8. Guanyu Zhou (Alfa Romeo) +2.706 (С3, 41 laps)
9. Pierre Gasly (Alfa Tauri) +3.236 (С4, 40 laps)
10. Alexander Albon (Williams) +3.419 (С2, 21 laps)
11. Nikita Mazepin (Haas) +6.996 (С3, 9 laps)